Sandybridge mobo swap CPU temp difference

keith263

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
Hi community,

Has anyone else had the same CPU temp increase after swapping the old Sandybridge mobo for the new B3 version?

I have just replaced my old ASUS P8P67 Deluxe for the new one, nothing else has changed and the mobo temp is still the same
at around 29c, but the CPU temp has gone up from 30c (in bios) and 20c (in AI suiteII) to 40c and 30c respectively.
The bios version for the new board is 1503 if this makes any difference. I am also very confident that the thermal pasts is applied properly as I am not a newbie at this.

Basically I am looking for any feedback from the community to see if this has been a common occurrence for other swappers
and any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Regards to all
keith263

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
I don't have either boards but perhaps it's just a case of a defect in the temperature sensors - either in the prior revision or this one?

Presumably you are using the same cooler and the RPM is the same as before? They may have changed the default system fan settings?

keith263

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
Hi Rusting In Peace,

Thanks for your reply.

I think I may have figured it out! There's a 10c difference across the 4 cores of my CPU.
The old board/bios perhaps took the lower temp, the new board/bios the higher.
When I checked with CPUID Hardware Monitor the temps seemed the same as with the old board.

Once again thanks for your feedback.

Regards keith263