Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Perormance of core i5-2500k vs amd a8-3850

Last response: in CPUs
September 14, 2011 8:04:37 AM

:sol:  :sol:  :sol:  Hi guys, Finally i made a choice to upgrade my rig, i am planing to buy the winner from these two processors in overall performance, I read in lot of reviews that amd a8-3850 processor is good in gaming but not satisfactory in pc apps like maya & 3ds max, in other hand the core i5-2500k is very good in two ways and costs a little bit on amd's apu, but i need over all performance in Maya, 3ds max, 3d rendering (1080p hd content) and gaming I am on overclocking too,tell me guys if any one used these processors please post your comments it will be more helpful if you provide your full rig specs, i am replacing my processor & motherboard with the winner in above two processors my old rig's specs are Intel dg41rq board with intel e7500 processor, 320gb sata hdd, 4gb ddr2 800mhz ram,full tower atx cabinet(haf x cooler master),750w psu.genuine win 7 x64 ultimate. :sol:  :sol:  :sol: 

Best solution

a c 480 à CPUs
a c 122 À AMD
September 14, 2011 8:12:39 AM

There is no contest. The i5-2500k will always win.

Intel's best (yet affordable) "Sandy Bridge" Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs can easily beat their AMD Phenom II counterpart CPUs. The Phenom II CPUs are more competitive with Intel's 2nd generation of Core 2 Dual and Core 2 Quad CPUs.

Llano based CPUs uses the slower and older Athlon II CPU core which, generally speaking, is a little weaker than Intel's 1st generation of Core 2 Dual and Core 2 Quad CPUs (circa 2006).
a c 480 à CPUs
a c 122 À AMD
September 14, 2011 8:15:28 AM

Perhaps AMD's upcoming Bulldozer core, the Zambezi family of CPUs, can compete with Intel's Sandy Bridge CPUs.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 14, 2011 10:25:21 AM

IF you do not plan on using an aftermarket GPU AND you will be gaming, the A8-3850 is a great choice.
It has an integrated GPU that is roughly equivalent to a lower mainstream/entry level discrete GPU.

In every other metric, the i5-2500k is a clear winner.
Its IPC performance is far ahead of any released AMD processor.
A stock i5-2500k can outperform AMDs flagship 6-core CPUs with ease in nearly every application.
It can also be overclocked extremely high and easily (aftermarket cooling recommended).
m
l
September 18, 2011 4:04:44 PM

Best answer selected by vdr369.
m
l
September 18, 2011 4:06:19 PM

jaguarskx said:
Perhaps AMD's upcoming Bulldozer core, the Zambezi family of CPUs, can compete with Intel's Sandy Bridge CPUs.

:sol:  :sol:  :sol:  :sol:  :sol:  thank you I know that i5 will win, and I am also waiting for bulldozers thanks
m
l
September 18, 2011 4:07:26 PM

outlw6669 said:
IF you do not plan on using an aftermarket GPU AND you will be gaming, the A8-3850 is a great choice.
It has an integrated GPU that is roughly equivalent to a lower mainstream/entry level discrete GPU.

In every other metric, the i5-2500k is a clear winner.
Its IPC performance is far ahead of any released AMD processor.
A stock i5-2500k can outperform AMDs flagship 6-core CPUs with ease in nearly every application.
It can also be overclocked extremely high and easily (aftermarket cooling recommended).

:sol:  :sol:  :sol:  thanks, and i am waiting for bulldozers :sol:  :sol:  :sol: 

m
l
!