Which memory to buy

Hello,
i am either going with amd fx 8150 or i7 ivy bridge and most of the mobos for that support 1866mhz ram

at my local store i looked at 16gbs of memory and i found two great deals
first is $37.99 for 2x4gb stick @1600mhz and i can buy two of these
or
$20.99 for one 4gb stick @1866mhz and i can get foure of these

the price difference is $6 so is it worth it and also since the 2x4gb kit is dual channel is it going to make a big difference
5 answers Last reply
More about which memory
  1. When you put two ram sticks into the appropriate slots they automatically are set for dual channel even if you buy them separately. The only issue would be compatability since two different sticks could create errors. If your budget is tight then you shouldn't get the more expensive ram since it is rarely 1% faster. Also for gaming 8GB is more than enough unless you have a lot of open applications. If you feel you need more than you can spend the extra for 16GB of ram.
  2. It primarily depends if you open a lot programs. You should do dual channel it gives a faster response and you get more RAM.
  3. Do not buy other, than the kit. Its optimized and it will work.

And if u want really detailed help, post a link to the RAM model or the full model name.
  4. savan1221 said:
    Hello,
    i am either going with amd fx 8150 or i7 ivy bridge and most of the mobos for that support 1866mhz ram

at my local store i looked at 16gbs of memory and i found two great deals
    first is $37.99 for 2x4gb stick @1600mhz and i can buy two of these
    or
    $20.99 for one 4gb stick @1866mhz and i can get foure of these

the price difference is $6 so is it worth it and also since the 2x4gb kit is dual channel is it going to make a big difference

Also, is your windows x64bit?

U need that, if u are planing to use more than 4GB of the RAM.
  5. i am building a new pc and my current one i have 8gb xms3 @1600mhz and i do feel like at time where i need more ram so
    here are the links and i am going to get 16gb either way
    http://www.frys.com/product/7147562?site=sa:adpages%20page:Sun_p34

and
    http://www.frys.com/product/7147532?site=sa:adpages%20page:Fri_p7

they are both same brand and only difference is the speed and also the kit has two 4gb vs one 4gb for the $20.99
Ask a new question

Read More

Corsair Intel i7 Memory