ARG Computer freezing!

Vincedow

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
I bought parts and made a computer about 2 monthes ago. My computer freezes sometimes randomly, but mostly when i'm playing BC2. When I freeze, the screen locks, sound stops, num lock light is on but don't change when i push numlock. Mouse has light but does not move, neither does keyboard seem to have any effect.
Completely new running windows 7 ultimate.
Parts are as listed :

-Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
-G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory overclocked to 1600.
-ASRock 870 EXTREME3 ATX AMD Motherboard
-SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5850 Xtreme 100282XTREME Video Card with Eyefinity
-AMD Athlon II X3 450 3.2GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor
-Rosewill RG630-S12 630W "Compatible with Core i7,i5" Power Supply
-Rosewill DESTROYER Black Gaming Computer Case

Temperatures when i play games does not exceed 50C. This goes for both my CPU and GPU.

SO ANGRY BECAUSE I MADE AND WASTED 500$ SO I CAN PLAY GAMES BUT THE FREEZING IS ANNOYING!

Someone..please help :( i'm so annoyed at this stupid computer.

Solution
I'm not familiar with Twixx...

There is an incompatibility between programs (like rivatuner and *I think* GPUZ) that require rtcore.sys (and/or .cfg?) and punkbuster. I suggest uninstalling twixx and then searching your HDD to make sure rtcore is gone. OR you could uninstall punkbuster.

Then find and burn (or low level format) any media that has punkbuster on it. :D

relevant: http://www.overclock.net/amd-ati/996785-solution-workaround-battlefield-bad-company-2-a.html

Please keep us posted.

ps3hacker12

Distinguished
have you done a malware check? (try using combofix or malware bytes, its worth a shot).

this isn't to do with the problem, but have you tried unlocking the Athlon x3 that you have? could gain you an extra core for free.

also have you installed all the latest drivers for your graphics card?

Vincedow

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
Went down to 1333. Voltage set at 1.645 because motherboard set it that.

Tried unlocking, 4th core was unstable.
5850 at newest drivers.

Temperature as i said is pretty low. Some one please help :(
Tell me if you guys need more info

Vincedow

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
Also, the event viewer simply shows " Unexpected shutdown" because i have to shutdown comp every time that happens. It provides no information about why the computer freezes. Can someone please help?

eightdrunkengods

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
I'm not familiar with Twixx...

There is an incompatibility between programs (like rivatuner and *I think* GPUZ) that require rtcore.sys (and/or .cfg?) and punkbuster. I suggest uninstalling twixx and then searching your HDD to make sure rtcore is gone. OR you could uninstall punkbuster.

Then find and burn (or low level format) any media that has punkbuster on it. :D

relevant: http://www.overclock.net/amd-ati/996785-solution-workaround-battlefield-bad-company-2-a.html

Please keep us posted.

Solution

Vincedow

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
I JUST PLAYED THROUGH A ENTIRE GAME. NEVER DID THAT BEFORE. THANK YOU!
SAVED ME, MAN. THANK YOU SO MUCH, I WAS CONSIDERING ON SENDING PSU BACK TOO.

So many people told me it would be hardware problem that i never even considered it would be Punkbuster!