Adding RAM to T20

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
June 13, 2005 4:36:46 PM

I have an IBM T20 with 256Mb, and want to add more. Do I have to add
just another 256Mb module, or can I add more?

Thanks,
Joe

More about : adding ram t20

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 13, 2005 10:20:43 PM

<google.20.jbloggs@xoxy.net> wrote in message
> I have an IBM T20 with 256Mb, and want to add more. Do I have to add
> just another 256Mb module, or can I add more?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

T20 ThinkPads came with a single 128MB 144 pin PC100 SODIMM and an empty
socket for a second SODIMM. They could accept 512MBs max.

If you already have 256MBs then you will have to remove one or both
SODIMMs to upgrade.

Chas.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 14, 2005 2:22:56 AM

mine has a chip in one slot, which I assume is a 256, so does this mean
I can only add one more 256?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 14, 2005 3:38:04 AM