I7 Too slow ... Maybe GPU? (sad)

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
Hi guys!
Let me introduce myself,my name´s Allin,and I got a huge problem,please...HELP ME ! ...
I just bought myself an I7 860 stock to 2,80 Ghz,8 MB cache with Scythe Katana 3 CPU COOLER.
-8 GB DDR3 SAMSUNG 1333 Mhz.
-MSI Mobo(Stock Mobo/Normal/Regular Mobo).
-1 TB HDD RAID.
-NVidia PX 8500 GT TDH 512 MB DDR2 with 128 Bits.

GAMES ARE RUNNING AMAZINGLY SLOW !
Not even 20 FPS in Crysis 2 or games that need high-res...
Crysis 2 with 1024x768 and all on low,running slow ... :( (and so on,all other games,except COD GAMES,ALL OF THEM MAXED OUT,RUNNING GREAT and some others...)
What´s the problem here?IS IT THE GPU ? I HOPE SO ! :(
CPU TEMP IN IDLE:30 C
CPU TEMP IN LOAD:55-60 C.
GPU TEMP:60-65 C.

Please help guys,I spent a lot of money on that ******* PC...
Please,just tell me that is the GPU so I could start looking for a new PSU and GPU ...
HELP GUYS !
THANKS !.
Oh...the processor runs so fast,when not using GPU tasks...
I load Crysis 2,GTA 4 , COD BLACK OPS AND SO ON ,on the same time,with the same performance all...(slow...)
HELP GUYS ! THANKS A LOT !

ebalong

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
I would say start with the GPU, seeing as it is an older G-force. I had an 8600, my system would crash on the splash screen when trying to start up Autodesk Revit (not even gaming!), other graphically-intense things were sluggish. I switched in a GT 430, and stuff runs normally, and that is with an old Pentium 4! What I'm getting at is that, in my experience, the new generation of Nvidia GPU's performs well on their low-middle range, let alone something like a GTX-5xx. So I would start with the GPU.

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
No,look,my Windows takes almost 2 GB in idle and still PC runs great,amazing I would say,never touched a PC that runs that fast,i never got an error,never got the CPU ´´stucked´´ or slow,one-click,one OPEN.
But...when using GPU TASKS,THINGS CHANGE !
THANKS A LOT MAN,I´LL WAIT FOR MORE ANSWERS,AND THAN,CHANGE THE PSU AND GPU :pfff: :) SAFE!

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011

Man,you´re sure... ? ... I don´t know,I hope you´re right... :( I´m so fuckin´ sad,dude...one month working for that PC.....
I HOPE IS THE GPU,G.... I HOPE SO...
THANKS A LOT,APPRECIATE IT.

On my house PC I have an Intel® Core™ i7-860 and I have no problems with the preformance with that so I am would guess that it is the GPU. I have a 9800 and while it is slower then I would like in Rift it is still getting the job done. The 8500 is a old card so that is where I would start to look.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

This isnt a good place to post your question.

Head to the Graphic and display section,
and tell them your problem, they will recommend to you what to do.

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011

BINGO !
CPU RUNS GREAT,I NEVER TOUCHED A PC THAT FAST...
ONE CLICK,ONE OPEN xD!
I AFFORD WASTING 2 GB ON WINDOWS IDLE AND ANTIVIRUS ON(in gaming NO,antivirus OFF,i´m just sayin´),PC STILL RUNS FAST as hell , is AMAZING... :D
But...when starting tasks that require GPU,things change..... :(