Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
Hi,

I currently own the following config

Intel C2D E6750 2.66GHz
8800 GT 512mb
Asus P5N32-E SLI mobo
Tagan 500W PSU

I am planning to buy a new card(one of GTX580,570,560 Ti).

I want to know will the current config bottleneck the card? If yes then what are the mandatory CPU & mobo updates I need to run upcoming games like AC2 Revelations, MW3, ME3, F1 etc.

My budget is around 300-350$

Solution
Short answer is yes, IF you drop something as big as a 580 in there you will be bottlenecked by the CPU, maybe not so much with some games, but current and future games are more multi-thread friendly. Also the PSU worries me.
If you drop a 560 in there however, I feel like you will see a better balance in parts (still a little lacking in the CPU department though). And with a 560 you could easily max MW3, ME3, and AC:R as these game engines aren't super demanding. However don't hope to play anything like crysis 2 or metro 2033 with that setup.

The MAJOR problem with your question is if you upgrade the CPU and MOBO, you also have to get ddr3 ram and possibly a better PSU and the budget is tight. If the budget includes the GPU too, than...

doyletdude

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
Short answer is yes, IF you drop something as big as a 580 in there you will be bottlenecked by the CPU, maybe not so much with some games, but current and future games are more multi-thread friendly. Also the PSU worries me.
If you drop a 560 in there however, I feel like you will see a better balance in parts (still a little lacking in the CPU department though). And with a 560 you could easily max MW3, ME3, and AC:R as these game engines aren't super demanding. However don't hope to play anything like crysis 2 or metro 2033 with that setup.

The MAJOR problem with your question is if you upgrade the CPU and MOBO, you also have to get ddr3 ram and possibly a better PSU and the budget is tight. If the budget includes the GPU too, than its actually impossible lol.

Solution

Vandalism

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011

hehe yeah i agree. But that wasn't the case fortunately.

Well I can extend the total budget to approx 35000-40000 INR including GPU. And these things are more expensive in India compared to abroad.

I have zeroed in on the 560 Ti and the 2500k What RAM, mobo and PSU I shoud buy?