DS Instruction Booklet (pdf)

Last response: in Video Games
November 17, 2004 3:23:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloads/ds_english.p...
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 8:16:32 PM

Xenon wrote:
> http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloads/ds_english.p...

Where's the best bet for actually acquiring one this weekend? All the
online pre-order sites are sold out now, so I'm going to have to brave
the crowds - anyone lining up at midnight the night before to get one?

November 18, 2004 6:21:15 AM

Dixie Normous <smithop@hotspam.com> wrote in message news:<10pnu32nbi7e753@corp.supernews.com>...
> Xenon wrote:
> > http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloads/ds_english.p...
> >

> Where's the best bet for actually acquiring one this weekend? All the
> online pre-order sites are sold out now, so I'm going to have to brave
> the crowds - anyone lining up at midnight the night before to get one?

Locally, Toys R Us and Wal-Mart did not take pre-orders. I don't think
Target did either. So try those retailers. BTW, my local TRU says they
are selling the unit on the 21st (Sunday), not the 20th!
November 18, 2004 6:55:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

"Dixie Normous" <smithop@hotspam.com> wrote in message news:10pnu32nbi7e753@corp.supernews.com...
> Xenon wrote:
> > http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloads/ds_english.p...
> >

> Where's the best bet for actually acquiring one this weekend? All the
> online pre-order sites are sold out now, so I'm going to have to brave
> the crowds - anyone lining up at midnight the night before to get one?

The EB in Phillipsburg NJ is sure they will have some. After playing
it for about an hour, I decided the screen was too small to really
enjoy it. I mean, for simple graphics a small screen is okay. But
I just couldn't get into the DS. It's hard to appreciate environs that
are smaller than your average hand.
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 8:44:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

"Dixie Normous" <smithop@hotspam.com> wrote in message
> Xenon wrote:
>> http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloads/ds_english.p...
>>

> Where's the best bet for actually acquiring one this weekend? All the
> online pre-order sites are sold out now, so I'm going to have to brave the
> crowds - anyone lining up at midnight the night before to get one?

Knowing how things work these days, Circuit City should have plenty. Stop by
any Circuit City at 10 A.m. and I'll bet you get one. :)
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 11:16:26 AM

menu boy wrote:

> The EB in Phillipsburg NJ is sure they will have some. After playing
> it for about an hour, I decided the screen was too small to really
> enjoy it. I mean, for simple graphics a small screen is okay. But
> I just couldn't get into the DS. It's hard to appreciate environs
> that
> are smaller than your average hand.

Each screen is the same size as the SP...
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 10:34:16 PM

"Tom Brown" <tombrown@flingersnit.com> wrote in message news:uTYmd.10334$T13.906@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> menu boy wrote:
> >>
> > The EB in Phillipsburg NJ is sure they will have some. After playing
> > it for about an hour, I decided the screen was too small to really
> > enjoy it. I mean, for simple graphics a small screen is okay. But
> > I just couldn't get into the DS. It's hard to appreciate environs
> > that
> > are smaller than your average hand.
>

> Each screen is the same size as the SP...

I never got that either.
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 1:47:33 AM

Let it be known that on 18 Nov 2004 03:21:15 -0800, kingsmedley@yahoo.com
(Daniel A. Mazurowski) wrote:

>Locally, Toys R Us and Wal-Mart did not take pre-orders. I don't think
>Target did either. So try those retailers. BTW, my local TRU says they
>are selling the unit on the 21st (Sunday), not the 20th!

Nintendo ships out their DS stuff in boxes with a big yellow sticker on it
saying not to sell it until the 21st.
!