Windows won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wlau21

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Today I just built my first computer. I am coming from a 2005 amd dual core slow processor. So I have a 3570k with asrock z77 pro4-m. Anyways, my problem is that I get instant blue screen and it goes into boot loop. I never get past that. Could it be my hard drive? I kept all my stuff from my last computer and just simply moved it over and thought I could just start it and it'd work. I have windows xp on the 160 gb hard drive. Also, i havent installed my motherboard drivers because my old computer uses IDE cables and i didn't know that and this motherboard doesn't support it. But that shouldn't be the problem right?

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Agree with the above. Though personally, I would just get a new SATA drive, install a fresh OS on it and just plug the old hard drive using a IDE to SATA connector. You could still access the files on the old drive for lesser headache. Though you do have to shell out some budget for the new drive of course.

Wlau21

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I'm trying to install windows 7 from my USB but its saying that there is no available boot decide when I boot it. I copied the ISO file over to my USB. What's wrong?

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
It doesn't work that way. You have to make the USB bootable for it to work. You may use this application to do it. link

Just follow the wizard then as soon as you're done, reboot and set the USB as primary boot drive.

Wlau21

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
That program only works if I have a CD right? Or am i doing it wrong? I only have the files on my computer and I don't have a DVD-RW. is there another way to make it bootable?

Status
Not open for further replies.