Sign in with
Your question

Palit GTX460 1GB Fan Shatterd...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 7, 2011 12:09:27 AM

Hi, Just Yesterday My Fans on my GPU's ( I have two of them) have shattered one of them is Completely Gone, there is no fans and the other is missing 2..I'm not good with Fans and what not but, I've been trying to find the Dimensions for the Fans to somehow replace them but no Luck, so would I Have to get a Mounted Cooler or could I Replace the fans Myself or would I be better off sending it in? Heres a Picture.

a b U Graphics card
April 7, 2011 12:20:33 AM

If it's under warranty, send it in for sure. I guess you might be able to find another VGA cooler that would fit, but there's no point in spending more money and time if it's covered by the warranty.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 7, 2011 12:24:07 AM

How did they shatter?
m
l
Related resources
a c 173 U Graphics card
April 7, 2011 12:26:51 AM

Warranty of a lot of trouble with a drill and two kamikaze fans. You can in theory replace those fans your self but mounting them could be a changeling if you keep the shroud. PS 80mm from the look of it. It have seen one on youtube ware the owner did indeed have the same problem as you and didn't bother to rma.

Here is his video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQjZYs8J9yU

Here is my gtx 460, what a nub I am with editing :D 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwbLWweakRY
m
l
April 7, 2011 12:40:37 AM

Not to be insensitive but... Cool! How did that happen?
m
l
April 7, 2011 8:08:37 AM

Well what happened was i had my pc on and i went to move my case so i did but i it slipped out of my hand...so im assuming from the impact to the ground broke some but also i guess the fans jumped high enough to catch on something in the Graphics Card it self and Snap...im only guessing here.
m
l
a c 172 U Graphics card
April 7, 2011 11:24:55 AM

lmao. Unless they dont check the card at all, there is no way they will warranty that.
m
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
April 7, 2011 12:59:04 PM

iam2thecrowe said:
lmao. Unless they dont check the card at all, there is no way they will warranty that.

Then he/she better refer to the second video that I linked. As long the pcb has no damage and the block still mounts properly then it is a easy and quick fix to do a fan mod.

Will need 80mm or larger fan and some zip ties. If no zip ties on hand try a local gas station or convenient store or hardware store in your town.
m
l
April 7, 2011 2:41:39 PM

nforce4max said:
Then he/she better refer to the second video that I linked. As long the pcb has no damage and the block still mounts properly then it is a easy and quick fix to do a fan mod.

Will need 80mm or larger fan and some zip ties. If no zip ties on hand try a local gas station or convenient store or hardware store in your town.

I'm gonna get the Cooler for the GTX460 (this one) and go from there...
m
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
April 7, 2011 5:37:27 PM

Try again with the link, all I get is a link to a bunch of fans and two cpu coolers.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 13, 2011 3:46:21 PM

Fans and zip-ties would be much cheaper.
m
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
April 13, 2011 4:29:56 PM

No it won't fit sadly for several reasons. One if the mounting holes as the gtx 460 is a very unique card and the gpu is much closer to the bracket than any single gpu card produced in the last half decade. You are better off with getting new fans and using zip ties or wire. There are coolers that will fit but I am not happy about the size and quality.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

There are a few others but they are either not available or very hard to find while some require physical modding. When comes to cooling the gtx 460 being an idiot can get costly and frustrating. Since you are a owner of a Palit gtx 460 with the 92 hole spacing you could use older coolers but you will have to remove fins and cut the i/o bracket to allow for heat pipes ect or you could just water cool it.
m
l
!