Sign in with
Your question

Audigy 2 ZS PCI sound card static...

Last response: in Components
September 15, 2011 5:08:08 AM

Hey, I just recently got an older Creative audigy 2 ZS pci edition from my friend's old pc. It is better than my desktops onboard realtek audio controllor so i was wanting to use it to go with my 5.1 surround sound.

So.. I install the PCI card in to my pc. the only open slots are one over from my huge GPU (ATi Radeon HD 5750, it takes up two slots.) i start with the farthest pci slot away. install the drivers, reboot and once i start up windows i get this weird staticy noise even without playing any sound. I installed the KZ drivers, downgraded drivers, etc. I then switched the card closest to my video card to see if it was the pci slot, unfortunately not. So it looks like it has to do with my bios config, drivers, or the video cards fan which is no more than 2-3 inches away if that... I also forgot to mention i tried alternating the PCI latency timers between 32-128 which was also unsuccessful.

Please send some insight if anyone knows a fix.. I would like to use this creative product so I no longer have to deal with the horrible realtek b/s.

Thanks. -Please help!
September 15, 2011 5:09:49 AM

also to include.

My cpu is an AMD Phenom II X4 B60 (originally x2 560 with unlocked cores) Overclocked to 4.0ghz if that has anything to do with it.
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
m
l
!