Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3, FX8150, MSI R5450 No display, no beeps on power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

taurusks

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Hello,

I bought a new motherborad(Gigabyte GA970A-UD3) and MSI R5450 graphic card with FX8150 processor. 16GB of memory(4x4G). When i power on, I see the CPu fan working nd other LEds on , hard drive is spinning. DVD drive is operational. But I dont get anything on the monitor. I know the monitor and VGA cable are good(they work fine with my current Desktop).

I also think(not sure though) the motherboard is fine based on the fact that if i connect a case cooling fan to one of the connectors for fan it works.

So my suspicion is on the Graphic card.

But fact that i dont hear ANY beeps at all from the computer on power on bothers me most.
I have a case speaker connected to the Motherboard speaker connector.

Any help apprieciated.

taurusks

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion rolli59.

I resolved the issue . It was the ATX 12v 8-pin power supply to CPU was not plugged in securely. so although all parts of MOBO incuding the cpu fan get power, the CPU didnot get power and hence my problem.

I firm push and everything is now working.

taurusks

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion rolli59.

I resolved the issue . It was the ATX 12v 8-pin power supply to CPU was not plugged in securely. so although all parts of MOBO incuding the cpu fan get power, the CPU didnot get power and hence my problem.

I firm push and everything is now working.

Status
Not open for further replies.