Cannot Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reubend

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
I was changing my MSE settings and it asked me to restart, but when I did I found that my computer crashed before it was able to boot.

Now it crashes every time it tries to boot right before it gets to the login screen at the Windows logo and then restarts.

I've tried using Windows RE, but it does not respond to keyboard or mouse input. I also tried booting from the Windows 7 CD to reinstall the OS, but with similar results.

I cannot get any farther than the first screen because it does no respond to any input. I am unable to access the advanced boot options screen with F8.

Sometimes during the startup process I am able to get to the BIOS options, but sometimes it does not respond to keyboard input even then.

I tested the RAM with Memtest and it said that it was working with no errors.

I am using Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium with a standard keyboard and mouse. Can anyone help me with this?

Reubend

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010

CPU: i7-950
PSU: XFX Black Edition P1-750B-CAG9 750W
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
MB: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R
I built the computer last year and have experienced no problems with it until now.
EDIT: GPU: two 6870s

Reubend

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010

One OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD3-2VTX120G and one SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI.

Reubend

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010

[strike]That's just a bit over what I have. Should I take out a GPU to see if that's the problem?[/strike] EDIT: ninja'd lol

Try HWmonitor @ http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
softwares-hwmonitor.jpg

Reubend

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010

I only disconnected one card. Does the power required differ per card? I though they used the same amount of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.