Sign in with
Your question

"No supported hardware found" message on cold boot

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 7, 2011 5:14:43 AM

Hello!

I seem to have a small (annoying) problem after building my new rig. Roughly 1 in 4 times after a cold boot windows will not load the graphics drivers and displays "No supported hardware found" message in the lowest resolution/color settings. After simply restarting, it corrects itself everytime. Any suggestions here? Again it only happens on cold boots and a restart always fixes it. Thanks in advance!
a b Î Nvidia
April 7, 2011 4:50:06 PM

What make/model of video card are you using? Also, are your drivers fully up to date (as provided by ati.com or nvidia.com)?
m
l
April 8, 2011 1:15:30 AM

Nvidia (built and designed) GTX 460. Drivers are fully up to date. I have even tried rolling back as far as 4 driver releases.... No luck.
m
l
Related resources
April 8, 2011 3:48:17 AM

do you have a spair card you can try ?? do you have a linux live disk there is some testing that can be done
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
April 8, 2011 1:13:33 PM

Bitt said:
Nvidia (built and designed) GTX 460. Drivers are fully up to date. I have even tried rolling back as far as 4 driver releases.... No luck.

Have you used DriverSweeper to remove previous versions before attempting to install another? If not, I suggest you clean out all Nvidia drivers with DriverSweeper, get the most current version directly from Nvidia, and try again.

If this fails, you GPU may be defective.
m
l
!