"No supported hardware found" message on cold boot

Hello!

I seem to have a small (annoying) problem after building my new rig. Roughly 1 in 4 times after a cold boot windows will not load the graphics drivers and displays "No supported hardware found" message in the lowest resolution/color settings. After simply restarting, it corrects itself everytime. Any suggestions here? Again it only happens on cold boots and a restart always fixes it. Thanks in advance!
4 answers Last reply
More about supported hardware found message cold boot
  1. What make/model of video card are you using? Also, are your drivers fully up to date (as provided by ati.com or nvidia.com)?
  2. Nvidia (built and designed) GTX 460. Drivers are fully up to date. I have even tried rolling back as far as 4 driver releases.... No luck.
  3. do you have a spair card you can try ?? do you have a linux live disk there is some testing that can be done
  4. Bitt said:
    Nvidia (built and designed) GTX 460. Drivers are fully up to date. I have even tried rolling back as far as 4 driver releases.... No luck.

Have you used DriverSweeper to remove previous versions before attempting to install another? If not, I suggest you clean out all Nvidia drivers with DriverSweeper, get the most current version directly from Nvidia, and try again.

If this fails, you GPU may be defective.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Hardware Boot Graphics