Gigabyte board might be failing - how to tell?

aserothbw

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
I have a MA790GPT-UD3H gigabyte motherboard. Around february, I had to replace my old video card with a radeon HD 6850. Lately, I have been hacing issues with the video suddenly dying when I am gaming. Normally, I would attribute this to the video card, but On boots, it is taking upto 15 seconds to get to the post screen, and a random amount of time to detect both my hdds. At this point, I am starting to suspect that the motherboard might be on the way out, but is there any way I can test the board to see if it is indeed starting to die? Would be nice if I didn't have to replace the board, but at this point, i'll settle for resolution to this problem one way or another. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Additional information:

windows 7 pro 64-bit
Athlon II X4640 processor 3.00ghz
8 gigs kingston hyper ram (4 sticks)

aserothbw

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
I've run a memtest on the ram and had no issues. Unfortunately, because of my heatsink, I cannot easily reseat the ram. I also reseated the video card, and nothing seems to have made a difference so far. The only other thing I have noticed lately is random errors in the system logs trying to access the cdrom.