Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Question about rosewill blackhawk case

Last response: in Systems
June 20, 2011 7:20:40 PM

I am looking to buy this case

http://www.rosewill.com/products/s_1772/productDetail.h...

I have noticed in a lot of reviews that the USB 3.0 slot on the front is really just an extension from one off the back of the motherboard, which is fine. The problem is that I have noticed on both newegg and on Rosewills website that the case is now listed to have 2 x 3.0 USB on the front panel...does this mean I will need a motherboard with 2 internal USB 3.0 plug in? Or will it be a splitter coming from the back of the motherboard?

Thanks.
June 20, 2011 7:23:21 PM

if you look at the pictures on newegg it shows it only having 1 usb 3.0 to plug in.
June 20, 2011 8:25:05 PM

I know it only shows one, but on the rosewill site is states it has 2...and on newegg at the top it says there is a new one with 2 ports... I just wanted to know if anyone could confirm this, and how it is hooked up.
Related resources
June 20, 2011 8:31:31 PM

im 99% sure it is to only 1 usb 3.0
June 22, 2011 2:18:40 AM

The old version is only 1 USB 3.0, but there is an updated version with 2 ports. Please don't just assume that the OP is delusional.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I have emailed Rosewill regarding this specific issue and will let you know when I get a response.
June 22, 2011 3:58:08 AM

Thank you
June 22, 2011 4:18:54 AM

No problem! I'm actually trying to piece together a new build and saw a lot of cases out there that have 1 USB 3.0 port but the only way of connecting it is with a cable coming out of the back of the case. Then, about 50% of cases with 2 USB 3.0 ports have a connection for the header on the motherboard, and the others have two cables that have to hang out of the back of the case. I'd rather not have a cable hanging out of the back of my build, but without pictures of this new version I had no way of telling what the Rosewill case came with. I think I sent the email to Rosewill about 30 mins before I came across your post ;) 

Best solution

June 22, 2011 10:58:33 AM

Woke up to this in my inbox:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Rosewill Support Service.

Please note that our current version of Blackhawk case in stock is 2x USB 3.0 with external connector and we plan to offer internal USB 3.0 header in the next shipment in the near future.

Besides, we are sorry that the pictures on Rosewill and Newegg website are for the old version of the case. Our related department will update this info as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.
June 30, 2011 8:59:51 PM

Best answer selected by jtensai.
!