ASUS M5 A88-V EVO can't install LINUX

Mauro_CA

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Hello! I built a PC with a ASUS M5 A88-V EVO motherboard, an AMD Phenom 2 X4 965 Black Edition and 4Gb RAM. First I installed Windows XP. Everything fine. Then I decided to try Linux. For that purpose I disconnected the "original" hard disk and installed another one I took from another machine, a SATA 1 Samsung 80 Gb.being this one the only HD attached to the system. The first distro I tried was Commodore OS VIsion (64 bits). I've downloaded the ISO twice, burned it many times at the lowest speed possible (4x) and all the tries failed. The image was recorded to a DVD+R disc. At first, the disc starts to spin at high speed, the screen goes black, the disc slows down and nothing happens. The system keeps waiting for something, forever... I then tried with UbuntuStudio. A screen appeared with the options of language. Once I set that, the menu showed the options with the new language. I pressed enter on the install option and then...the black screen and nothing else. I then tried with a Live Cd of Knoppix. The logo appeared and 4 (four) penguins appeared in the upper left corner. Then...nothing! Black again! Is anything wrong with my system? I looks like "something" is preventing Linux instructions for being executed! Thanks for reading... and (if possible) answering...

nna2

Distinguished
i have a M5A88-M and im running dual boot win7/mint, (there pretty much the same board but you have UEFI bios and i have legacy)

i can suggest extracting the files to a usb and booting to that for the sake of saving discs