Pc freezes randomly: Tried multiple solutions to no avail

skunk17

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
Hello,

I have been having this issue for the past 6 months, and spent quite a lot of money to try and fix it and nothing has worked.

The issue is that randomly (could be working in adobe premiere, or the pc is idle or doing anything)the pc just freezes. THe mouse cannot be moved, ctrl alt del does nothing, you can do nothing except reset the pc. This usually does not happen soon after turning the system on, usually after a few hours.

Things i have tried:

Reinstalling Windows, a new motherboard. A new graphics card. Memtest86+ (no errors). Checked the health of the hard drives using a small program, crystal disk info or something it was called.. it said they were all fine. Replaced the power supply. The temperature of the cpu normally hangs around 39-40 degrees Celsius, which as far as i know is very cool. Even under stress the cpu temp does not go above this.

So the only things left really is maybe the hard drive i install windows on, it has always been the same one, is failing even though according to S.M.A.R.T. or whatever the drive is healthy. The only other thing is the CPU itself is faulty.

I was just wondering if you guys have anything to input to help me out. Thanks