Sign in with
Your question

Samsung mobile phone connexion to internet via wifi problem

Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 11, 2010 3:53:39 AM

Hello,
I have a problem in getting to internet in my mobile phone via wifi (internet PC). I have entered all required internet connection PC info in the corresponding settings boxes of the mobile, but the browser shows blank page after searching and searching...Can you help me?

Following are the data entered in the modile : WPA, TKIP/PC chosen key/WAP, passerelle address, secured connecxion OFF, waiting time 300, static IP ticked, local IP, subnet mask, DNS static ticked, same code entered for server 1 and 2.
Anonymous
December 11, 2010 8:36:43 AM

See if it will connect with wirelesss security turned off in the router.

Check that the wireless mode selected in the router matches the phone (g or n or mixed ?)
December 11, 2010 2:03:31 PM

Concerning the security, it was turned off.

But sorry, I don't understand the second point. Could you clarify where I am supposed to check and what I am supposed to do ? Thank you in advance
Related resources
Anonymous
December 11, 2010 2:30:25 PM

Why are you using a Static IP address?
December 12, 2010 4:33:02 AM

Quote:
Why are you using a Static IP address?

Actually, I don;t know. I found the connection details in the computer with internet modem. But in fact, the other mobile of the house connect to wifi, with a dynamic IP address and it works. The problem is that in my mobile, dynamic IP is not proposed to be ticked and there is no PA address required. Is it normal?
Anonymous
December 12, 2010 11:01:55 AM

What is a PA address? If you untick Static does it revert to dynamic?
December 12, 2010 6:19:45 PM

Quote:
What is a PA address? If you untick Static does it revert to dynamic?

PA for physical address using 12 letters ans numbers, like ‎1D-4B-C3-8B-56-4E. But no corresponding boxes to be filled in the mobile. Is it a requirement for a wifi connection?

!