Wifi Works, except on ONE computer.

daviiiiiid

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
Hi all.
I just changed internet provider and have everything setup

Wired internet works like a charm
Wireless internet as well on my desktop with my wireless adapter.

However, my laptop doesnt seem to connect. It connects to the network but not internet.

HP Pavillion dv5 laptop
It has the Atheros AR9285 network card and the latest drivers,
Network is WPA2-Personal.

So as mentioned every other device works, blackberry, ipod touch.. but not the laptop.

Id like some help! Thanks!

G

Check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.

If using wireless (your post is slightly ambiguous) also check that the problem computer's wireless adapter supports WPA2.

daviiiiiid

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
Obtain DNS and IP automatically is enabled.

And the adapter does support wpa2.

I also tried with WPA (without the2), connects without the yellow exclamation mark, connects to msn messenger but not the browser now...

daviiiiiid

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
Basically what im trying to do now, is to use my TP-LINK TD-W8960N (which is a modem/router) as a BRIDGE, to my Alcatel Lucent 7130 5VzA2001

Heres what it should look like..

Phone jack >>(phonecable)>> Alcatel Lucent 7130 5VzA2001 >>(ethernetcable)>> TD-W8960N >>(ethernet OR wireless)>> PCs and devices.

Sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesnt, most of the time when I refresh nothing works.. so I reset the tp-link... Its really nothing I know how to fix..