Sign in with
Your question

Just ordered my $700 PC parts...worried?

Tags:
  • Prebuilt
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
June 21, 2011 4:29:58 AM

Hey everyone,

Previously I asked a question on deciding a build, then I was flooded with responses...very happy!
I used Zeros_' $600 build and modified it myself a little bit.. Problem is, soon to be first time PC builder and I modified it myself...Hopefully it is compatible.. (That is why I need your help!)

Final Build:

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (Full) System Builder DVD 1 Pack

AMD CPU HDZ955FBGMBOX Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz AM3 125W Retail

LINK FOR MOBO IF NEEDED: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002LFYYAY?tag=banforbucgamr-2...

Antec EarthWatts 750 Watt ATX12v v2.3 Power Supply Unit

(I Don't know if this PSU is going to fit in my case!!) It WAS Antec Green Energy-Efficient Power Supply EA500D but I bought 750 for future graphic card upgrade.. was this a smart choice? 20$ more expensive than 500w.

LINK FOR PSU IF NEEDED: http://www.amazon.com/Antec-EarthWatts-ATX12v-Power-Sup...

ASRock AM3 processors AMD 770-140W 4DDR3/ATI CrossFireX motherboard M3A770DE

HIS PCI-Express Video Card (H685F1GD)
Chipset: ATI Radeon HD6850; Engine Clock: 775 MHz; Video Memory: 1GB DDR5
Is this Graphics card compatible with the MOBO & CPU?

PNY Optima MD4096KD3-1333 4GB Dual Channel Kit DDR3 1333 MHz PC3-10666 Desktop DIMM Memory Kit

Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.5 inch Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive HD103SJ

Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS424-98 - Retail (Black)

Thermaltake V3 Black Edition SECC / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case VL80001W2Z (Black )
Is this case compatible with the PSU? Worried.
(As in will it fit?)
LINK IF NEEDED CASE: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002Q2M8KK?tag=banforbucga08-2...

TOTAL PRICE: $705

Are all the parts compatible to make it run in one piece? Did I choose the wrong graphics card? everyone was saying HD6850 and I typed it in amazon.. a dozen resulted showed up.. so I just picked one of the list.. hopefully it is the right card. I have already placed my order, it should ship within 5-8 days. This is my first time ordering online.. I'm very scared! It is separated in 3 shipments, will the bigger shipment (One with 7 items, shipped in front of my doorstep? Will it ring my doorbell? What if I wasn't home?) The other 2 shipment is the case itself and the CD DVD writer drive. Will those show up in my doorstep as well? Or will the case be shipped to me on the doorstep and the DVD Writer drive show up in the PO mailbox? This is all very confusing..

I hope you take the time and answer all my questions haha!

ONE BIG FINAL QUESTION: Is this PC able to run Starcraft 2 on ULTRA Settings with 60+ FPS?
(Is it a good mid-level gaming rig?)

Thank you. :D 

(All my parts were ordered at amazon, if you want detailed info about the part copy and paste it in amazon search bar :)  )

More about : ordered 700 parts worried

June 21, 2011 5:18:44 AM

It will all work and run well . I think it should run Starcraft very well .

HIS is a decent brand . I have been using one of their cards for a while and its good

I have no idea how theyre shipping it to you but Im picking it wont fit through the mail slot . What does their website say about shipping?

Be sure to read some online tutorials on how to assemble a computer . Google will find you plenty of good ones if you ask
m
l
June 21, 2011 5:31:41 AM

Thank you very much Outlander, I was so stressed until this point!

I was just worried about the PSU not fitting into the case..and the Graphics card. Using 750w, I'm able to upgrade my graphics card in the future without replacing my PSU right? :o 

And.. Do I need a heatsink or CPU cooler? Or Is it provided?

IF I need a heatsink.. which one is recommended for purchase?

m
l
Related resources
June 21, 2011 5:43:10 AM

Almost all computer components are built to pretty tight standards .
An ATX case , motherboard and power supply always work together

There is a heatsink/fan with your processor . It will work , but it may be a little noisier when the fan spins up than some of the bigger aftermarket coolers . Try it and see . For 99% of people the factory cooler works fine .

The psu gives you a lot of head room for future upgrades . Most of the time its going to be running just above idle which can be a good thing . It might be half an inch longer that the 500 watt but that wont make any difference at all
m
l
June 21, 2011 5:57:07 AM

Is there a more efficient CPU heatsink/cooler you would suggest for my Cpu/MOBO just if I can't handle the noise on my fan/cooler? =) just as a backup?
m
l
June 21, 2011 6:01:24 AM

Also where would I have to build my PC? a wide spread wood table? I know I'm not supposed to have static electricity.. I have carpet all around me.. Where would be a good place to work on my PC?
m
l
June 21, 2011 6:28:04 AM

A wooden table is a good idea , and so is only wearing cotton clothing . Jeans and a t- shirt . Especially nothing made of nylon .

As for coolers .....there are so many and often how they get tested in reviews is as important as the product itself .
Thankfully theres a website for everything so
http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm
Somewhere is a balance between price and performance that suits you

m
l
June 21, 2011 6:29:18 AM

i am little worried about 6850, at your budget you can buy an hd 6950 and you can se t the settings real maxed out.
in your previous theread, i have posted a 650$ rig that should be best for you.
and if you have a mind playing newer games in future, 6950 will help you alot
m
l
!