Sign in with
Your question

Help with question i've asked 5 times on here

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 7, 2011 4:35:26 AM

hello there had a driver update today from microsoft update for my evga gts 450. driver installed fine but now when i try to play crysis or mafia 2 it lags horribly even in 800x600. i tried to roll driver back that didnt help tried to install driver off cd that didnt work so i turn to you guys. everything was fine before i could play on high settings on 1280x720 and everything was peachy. so i turn to you guys. please help me.thank you

More about : question asked times

a c 227 U Graphics card
April 7, 2011 4:47:38 PM

Go to nvidia.com and download the driver directly from them (for your operating system) and install yourself. I don't recommend using Windows Update to manage major device drivers, like for the video card. I am sure this will solve your problem.

Good luck!
m
l
April 7, 2011 7:33:32 PM

hello i dont know if i'm not asking properly but i've asked the same question 5 times on here and not got 1 single answer. doesnt anybody know what could possibly going on. please help me.

hello there had a driver update today from microsoft update for my evga gts 450. driver installed fine but now when i try to play crysis or mafia 2 it lags horribly even in 800x600. i tried to roll driver back that didnt help tried to install driver off cd that didnt work so i turn to you guys. everything was fine before i could play on high settings on 1280x720 and everything was peachy. so i turn to you guys. please help me.thank you
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 7, 2011 7:42:23 PM

Anort3 has said exactly what my thoughts were. However if for some reason that doesn't work (although it should) try updating DirectX.
m
l
April 7, 2011 7:42:35 PM

anort3 said:
Download Driver Sweeper from here: http://phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Driver-Sweeper/

Download the newest driver from Nvidia.com. Save it to your desktop or somewhere convenient. Do not run it yet.

Follow the directions here for using Driver Sweeper. http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Reboot from safe mode and install the new driver.

Hopefully this will solve your problems. What operating system are you running?

vista 64 bit. everything was workin fine before i installed that new driver
m
l
a c 257 U Graphics card
April 7, 2011 7:43:33 PM

Try Driver Sweeper. I always get my drivers from Nvidia NOT Microsoft update. And you should always use Driver Sweeper as old drivers leave "trash" behind that can cause conflicts.
m
l
a c 273 U Graphics card
April 7, 2011 9:24:35 PM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • New driver for gts 450 causes games to lag bad on low settings
    m
    l
    !