Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 booting issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenvw

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Hi,
I just bought all the parts to build my own computer...I put it all together this evening, but I've run into a little catch.
When I boot it up, it will show the bios boot screen for a few seconds, and then shutdown and restart again, over and over. The motherboard is a gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3. My CPU is an Intel Core i5-3570 K (both LGA1155). When I hit f12 or tab or delete on the keyboards nothing happens...(I've tried using both USB and ps2)...so the farthest I've Ever gotten is seeing the boot screen...:/

I believe that I just read a few hours ago that this motherboard does not support the new Ivy Bridge processors without a bios upgrade first ( I may have dreamed that though, a little sleepy now). Is this the case? Becuase if so I do have access to a computer with a core i5-2400 which is also LGA1155, and use that CPU to at least update the bios?

Other misc info
PSU: OCZ ModXstream-pro 700 w
Gpu: Asus gtx 560 direct cu
Hd: western digital cavier blue 1 tb
RAM: 8 gb (2x4gb) corsair vengeance blue ddr3-1600 9-9-9-24. (cmz8gx3m2a1600c9b)

I already tried it using the Asus gtx 560, and then just with the onboard graphics to see if the GPU was the issue, but it made no difference. I have also unplugged all the different connections that are not absolutely nessassary for the computer to run eg extra USB connections DVD drive etc. also swapped out the RAM and tested that in a few ways as well as trying some other ram.

Any ideas or info?
Thanks

stevenvw

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011

Ok, I'll give it a shot tomorrow morning and get back as to whether or not it worked...also thanks for the quick reply, I posted it, went the the forums page and saw that there was already an answer in the minute or two that it was up

Status
Not open for further replies.