Z77extreme6 trobleshoot

dead_sincebirth

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
hi,

i have an asrock z77 extreme 6 mobo every thing is fine excpt the following issues:

1. when i start in installing windows a blue screen appears just befor the partician screen appears but it happens only when i set (AHCI) mode in the storage configuration . it does not happens when i set it to (IDE) mode... my window is currently working fine under (IDE0 mode but i want to use (AHCI) mode . becz it provides faster platform.
2. I am a multitasker not a gamer so i use the onboard graphics ... the issue is that the specs of Z77Extreme6 states that it supports round about "1760 mb" of full on board graphic memmory... but my video memmory is being shown "1062" i tried to increase it from the UEFI bios setup but it gives the following options
AUTO,64mb,128mb,512mb,1062mb. it even dont mentions "1760mb".
3. I installed 8gb of ram but windows displays only 3.7GB some thing..../.. kindly help me following are my specs:

i7-2600k, AsrockZ77Extreme6 ,1333ghz 4x2 gb kingston RAM ,seagate 500gb.16mb cache HDD, coolermaster 212 evo with additional fan, coolermaster silentpro M 600watts PSU.

configuration:
1.Bios version (1.40) UEFI.... 2.Windows Crystal xp OS ....

for the error of only 3.2g of ram showing...you installed windows 32 bit os. it stops at that size of ram. you need to install windows 64 bit. if you have the retail version of windows 7 there should be a 64 bit cd in the kit. if not call up microsoft they will give you a 64 bit oem number and a link to download the 64 bit os iso. with that you can burn the cd or put it on a 4 gig usb stick.
2. for the drive crash you have to put the drive into achi mode before you install the os. if done afterwards it going to crash. you can sometime get windows to load right if you go into safe mode. windows may then load the drivers it need to boot in achi mode.
3. for the video ram issue it not a typo look under your owners guild the give you a warning option #5.
The maximum shared memory size is defined by the chipset vendor and
is subject to change. Please check Intel® website for the latest information
intel max spec is 1.7 but the vendor limits the video ram to the size you see.