Sign in with
Your question
Solved

RATE MY GAMING RIG! (FINAL REVISION)

Last response: in Systems
June 21, 2011 7:02:06 AM

Hello everyone!

Final revision before buying my new rig, trying to go for a $ 1200(ish) gaming and work rig, maybe going dual GPU in a future, overclocking for sure.

CPU: INTEL i5 2500k (BX80623I52500K)
MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro (REV 3.0)
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 1600 (F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM)
GPU: SAPPHIRE 6950 2gb (21188-00-40r / 100312SR)
HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 (HD103SJ)
PSU: CORSAIR TX750 V2 (CMPSU-750TXV2)
CASE: COOLER MASTER HAF 922 (RC-922M-KKN1-GP)

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance! :D 
a b 4 Gaming
June 21, 2011 7:53:10 AM

I like it .

Probably worth adding a cpu cooler
m
l
Related resources
June 21, 2011 8:02:19 AM

No SSD?

*Sadfase*
m
l
June 21, 2011 9:30:16 AM

I'd swap out that TX PSU with a modular design, something like the HX or AX series from Corsair.
m
l
June 21, 2011 9:44:28 AM

Rustyy117 said:
I'd swap out that TX PSU with a modular design, something like the HX or AX series from Corsair.

Curious as to why you say that, better cable management?

m
l
June 21, 2011 9:49:35 AM

silverclaw said:
Curious as to why you say that, better cable management?

Yup, Just personal preference really. I like to have a tidy PC with as little cables on display as possible and good airflow, not really a major issue for OP as the case he/she has choosen has ample space for cables. I just think its worth the bit extra $.
m
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
June 21, 2011 11:52:20 AM

you forgot the optical drive, you could go for a less pricey mobo, with similar if not same features:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

and as above a CPU cooler would be good if you want to overclock in the future, or just keep your temps low.

you could also switch out for this PSU on offer from $140 to $90! would give same performance as the corsair, just better efficiency (80+ silver not bronze):

you could use the $75 saved to buy an after market cooler and an optical drive.
June 21, 2011 5:26:59 PM

Outlander_04 said:
I like it .

Probably worth adding a cpu cooler

I'll be adding a 212+ in about a month.

silverclaw said:
No SSD?

*Sadfase*

Budget. :( 

Not THAT necessary in my opinion, more of a luxury item (just like a second GPU or HDD on raid). Also, overpriced IMO. Maybe in a future.

Rustyy117 said:

Again, budget. :( 

I do like the 750HX, but I don't really need it since the HAF 922 has plenty of space and good cable management.

ps3hacker12 said:
you forgot the optical drive, you could go for a less pricey mobo, with similar if not same features:

and as above a CPU cooler would be good if you want to overclock in the future, or just keep your temps low.

you could also switch out for this PSU on offer from $140 to $90! would give same performance as the corsair, just better efficiency (80+ silver not bronze):

you could use the $75 saved to buy an after market cooler and an optical drive.

I don't really need an optical drive. Actually, the one I had stopped working since I didn't used it once in 2+ years. More of an USB guy I guess.

Since I live in Colombia, my pool of components is restricted. At first I actually had my eyes set on an ASROCK P67 extreme4, but I just couldn't get it here, and after importing it would actually cost me the same as the ASUS P8P67 pro...

Same with the EarthWatts, I don't really benefit from the newegg savings and specials. I'd had to pay the $ 139.99 stock price.

-------------------------------------

BTW, it looks like I may have a problem.

Seems like both the HDD and the GPU I chose are currently out of stock.

I may need to choose different components then.

Could you recommend me a similar product (performance and price) to those I had in mind? I don't really have a preference brand or chip-wise (either Seagate or WD is fine for HDD, same goes with AMD or Nvidia for GPU).

Thanks in advance! :D 
m
l
June 28, 2011 1:26:01 AM

Best answer selected by martinduque86.
m
l
!