Blurry Textures, Flickering in all games

All my games were running fine and then suddenly I get this problem with all my games. Texture appear blurry in the distance and the edges of objects flicker in the distance as well. Also in games such as shogun 2 or napoleon total war trees and the grass can clearly be seen flickering.

Things I've tried to do to fix it
1. Format computer with win 7
2. Format computer with win xp
3.Install newest drivers
4.Install older drivers
5.Try a different monitor
6.Playing with different graphics options

All seem to fail and I still have the same problem. Can anyone suggest a way to fix this?
8 answers Last reply
More about blurry textures flickering games
  1. faulty video card or power supply? please list your fll system specs.
  2. iam2thecrowe said:
    faulty video card or power supply? please list your fll system specs.

PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad-Crossfire PCI-E 750W Power Supply
    AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 955 Black Edition "125W Edition" 3.20GHz (Socket AM3) - Retail
    Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB SATA-II 32MB Cache - OEM (WD5001AALS)
    OCZ Platinum 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C7 1333MHz Dual Channel (OCZ3P13334GK)
    Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P (Socket AM3) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
    XFX ATI Radeon HD 4870 XXX 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
  3. bump
  4. Cmon guys can anyone help me. I was thinking maybe its a Z-fighting problem. The thing is erverything was working fine and suddenly I get this problem so I'm thinking that maybe theres something wrong with my graphics card physicly. Is there some diagnostic test I can run to see if my GPU is working fine?
  5. use driversweeper to uninstall all traces of drivers following all the instructions to do this properly. Then install the most recent drivers that work. if that doesnt work you have a faulty vid card.
  6. iam2thecrowe said:
    use driversweeper to uninstall all traces of drivers following all the instructions to do this properly. Then install the most recent drivers that work. if that doesnt work you have a faulty vid card.

yea I unsitalled current driver, booted in to safe mod and used driver cleaner pro then i went back into normal mode used registry cc cleaner and installed lasters drivers (11.3) and it still doesnt work so I think ill send my card back.
  7. I've send the card..they tested it and returned it saying there is nothing wrong with it. CAN somebody please help me, I've done everything i could think of to fix this!!
  8. I have tried just about every suggestion but I get the flicker problem with the 4870x2 also. I will never buy another ATI product. But in the meantime, I can run Shogun 2 and Empire Total War without flicker if it's run in windowed mode - even at 1920 x 1200. Very strange.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Computer Games Format Graphics