DS and flash carts?

Anybody who has a DS tried out a Flash2Advance card on it to see if it
still works in the GBA slot?

/me wonders how long till a flash card for the DS arrives...
--

"I hear ma train a comin'
.... hear freedom comin"

Inferno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It still works, but with the GBA-transfer port being ripped out of the DS,
there is no way to transfer data to the cartridge apart from transferring it
using a GBA.

"Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in

> It still works, but with the GBA-transfer port being ripped out of the
> DS, there is no way to transfer data to the cartridge apart from
> transferring it using a GBA.
>

> "Stimp" <ren@spumco.com> schreef in bericht
>> Anybody who has a DS tried out a Flash2Advance card on it to see if
>> it still works in the GBA slot?
>>
>> /me wonders how long till a flash card for the DS arrives...
>> --
>>
>> "I hear ma train a comin'
>> ... hear freedom comin"

I assumed the old GBA flash carts will work just fine (providing you retain
the means to get the data on the card in the first place), but as for DS
exclusive cards, I give it until the European release next year for the
first tried and tested carts to surface from the Far East.

Expect them to be unjustifiably expensive.

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:53:52 +0100, Inferno wrote:

> It still works, but with the GBA-transfer port being ripped out of the DS,
> there is no way to transfer data to the cartridge apart from transferring it
> using a GBA.

Isn't there flash carts that do not requre the GBA transfer port? Or
is that the only way to "rip" a GBA cart?

I'm looking for a MAME cart that will allow me to play MAME games.
Especially the Metal Slug ROMS. Are there any available?