KM ACT 100 telephoto converter for A200

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
March 7, 2005 3:02:49 PM

Hello,

Was looking at the ACT 100 for my A200 and wondered if anyone here uses
one and can comment on it. Particularly if it will take a skylight
filter and what size it would need to be. I googled and looked at ads
but its vague as to whether the ACT can take a UV filter on the front.
TIA.
JG.
--
Anti-Spam Trap In Use:
To Reply Remove "REMOVE" :

JG wrote:

>Was looking at the ACT 100 for my A200 and wondered if anyone here uses
>one and can comment on it. Particularly if it will take a skylight
>filter and what size it would need to be. I googled and looked at ads
>but its vague as to whether the ACT can take a UV filter on the front.

The ACT-100 has an 86mm front filter thread.

Terry
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 4:03:13 PM

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 12:39:13 GMT, Terry wrote:

> JG wrote:
>
>>Was looking at the ACT 100 for my A200 and wondered if anyone here uses
>>one and can comment on it. Particularly if it will take a skylight
>>filter and what size it would need to be. I googled and looked at ads
>>but its vague as to whether the ACT can take a UV filter on the front.
>
> The ACT-100 has an 86mm front filter thread.

The one I had didn't have a thread at all though it looked as though it did.
I no longer have it, maybe the design has changed.

--
John Bean

What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of
nothing (Oscar Wilde)
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 4:10:22 PM

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:03:13 +0000, John Bean wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 12:39:13 GMT, Terry wrote:
>
>> JG wrote:
>>
>>>Was looking at the ACT 100 for my A200 and wondered if anyone here uses
>>>one and can comment on it. Particularly if it will take a skylight
>>>filter and what size it would need to be. I googled and looked at ads
>>>but its vague as to whether the ACT can take a UV filter on the front.
>>
>> The ACT-100 has an 86mm front filter thread.
>
> The one I had didn't have a thread at all though it looked as though it did.
> I no longer have it, maybe the design has changed.

Forget what I just said. I was confusing it with the ACW-100 which had no
thread.

--
John Bean

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a
Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and
explode once a year, killing everyone inside (Robert X. Cringely)
!