Panasonic FZ20 or KM Z5?

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 7, 2005 11:33:39 PM

May anyone tell me which one is better?
Seems that Z5 has noise problem, can it be solve?
thx

More about : panasonic fz20

March 7, 2005 11:33:40 PM

On 7-Mar-2005, "jklo" <hkjklo@yahoo.com> wrote:

> May anyone tell me which one is better?
> Seems that Z5 has noise problem, can it be solve?
> thx

The Panasonic is a little noisy above ISO200 but I have no experience of the
Z5.
The noise problem is largely academic and doesnt spoil normal prints.
Noiseware's FREE Community Edition ( do a Google search ) does a splendid
job of correcting the problem so if I were you I'd forget about noise and
pick the camera that suits you most.

Personally the Panasonic's tank like build quality gets my vote!
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 11:33:40 PM

jklo wrote:
> May anyone tell me which one is better?
> Seems that Z5 has noise problem, can it be solve?
> thx

Noise issues are frequently overrated. Try out both in the store to see
which suits you better. Take pictures with each and see if you can tell
any difference in the noise performance on normal sized print or displays.
Ergonomic factors are important. Personally, I got the FZ20.

David
!