No audio/video after reformatting Dell Dimension 3000

tharpomarx2002

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
I recently purchased a used Dell Dimension 3000 w/ Windows XP and subsequently re-formatted the computer to remove any previous data. It seemed that the re-formatting had gone well but ....there were no sounds whatsoever! No computer system or alert sounds. No volume controls. I do not even get the woofer icon on the tool bar at the bottom! My system tells me I have all the proper drivers installed, and that all are functioning properly, but I still get get no sound via headphones or standalones. I have tried MANY online tool programs to no avail and I don't know where to turn! I am a working musician (vocalist) and most of my inspiration comes from music that can ONLY be found on the internet or in private collections. I am really a novice on the computer and I would appreciate any assistance in restoring my sound/video capabilities!

Can someone please help me solve my problem?

Marcus
tharpomarx2002@yahoo.com

stockbucks

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Marcus,
For the record, the same Audio Driver that works on the DELL Dimension B110 worked for me on my Dimension 3000. If I remember correctly, there is no audio driver for XP for the Dimension 3000. Hope this helps if u still need the info...OR someone else on down the line.