cansu123

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Hello there everyone!

I currently have a 2 year old rig i bought as pre-built, i didn't have the money to buy something grandiose, nor did i have the knowledge to build my own. After this summer I'm going to be heading off to college, I will be working with a decent pay for the 3 months though, so i should be able to build myself a high-end gaming rig by the time i am enrolled. What i was wondering if i could give my current, shitty if you will, rig a little upgrade that would last for these 3 months since i have exhausted my game supply and would like to be able to play some of the newer games atleast on low settings. My budget is 200-300$. Please do not say something in the lines of "Don't upgrade it, save the money for your new rig" because i'm going to get it from my father and i'll probably be able to squeeze more of it outta him by the time i need it.

I thank you in advance for the wonderful feedback :D

Mobo: MSI MS-7592
GPU: Ati Radeon HD4570
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9400
RAM: 4 gigs

All at stock clock speeds.

Solution
I would just drop $200 on a used video card. You could pick up this 460 from Newegg, then if you get a new computer in 3 months, take it out and plop it in the new system and SLI it.

Only issue might be your power supply. The 460 needs a two 6-pins I think, and if you have a cheaper psu, you might only have one. In that case, try to find a cheap 6850 (only uses one 6-pin), then xfire it with your new computer, same as you would have with a 460.

grody

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
I would just drop $200 on a used video card. You could pick up this 460 from Newegg, then if you get a new computer in 3 months, take it out and plop it in the new system and SLI it.

Only issue might be your power supply. The 460 needs a two 6-pins I think, and if you have a cheaper psu, you might only have one. In that case, try to find a cheap 6850 (only uses one 6-pin), then xfire it with your new computer, same as you would have with a 460.

Solution