+12V mobo question

Solution
I just looked at that image you posted. It's definitely misreported. If it were reported correctly the max,min and current values would all be different, not the same. Voltage fluctuates slightly when in steady state and goes up and down to accommodate transient loads.

It could still be a PSU issue, take a look in your system setup's hardware monitor

rwake345

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Yeah, well reason I ask is.

My computer randomly restarts while playing games.

And the theory is that something is drawing to much power, or something on my motherboard is screwed up, and my PSU is like, No more. And restarts to prevent damage.

So that's why I think this is a problem. Otherwise I have no idea why my computer randomly restarts.

I just looked at that image you posted. It's definitely misreported. If it were reported correctly the max,min and current values would all be different, not the same. Voltage fluctuates slightly when in steady state and goes up and down to accommodate transient loads.

It could still be a PSU issue, take a look in your system setup's hardware monitor

Solution

rwake345

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

I don't understand.

nna2

Distinguished

what dont you understand? my 12V rail goes from 12.1 to 11.88V, they normally fluctuate in voltages, but if you look yours hasent shown any fluxuation at all which is most likely a misread...

if you go into the BIOS hardware monitor, it might be a little more accurate

rwake345

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Ah. I didn't get what he meant by your system setup's hardware monitor. Now I get it. Will go check.

EDIT: Checked BIOS. It said 12.056V. That's good.

And I am now assuming it is randomly restarting because I don't have it plugged into a surge protector.