Pokemon Rube and Save Games

Hello

My 7 year son has the GBA with the Pokemon Ruby game and he is certain
that he will loose all his pokemon if removes the game cardridge out of
the GBA and play some other game.

Are the savegames saved on the game module for "infity" or will they
vanish after certain amount of time?

Kristian
5 answers Last reply
More about pokemon rube save games

    Kristian Salo wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > My 7 year son has the GBA with the Pokemon Ruby game and he is
    > certain that he will loose all his pokemon if removes the game
    > cardridge out of the GBA and play some other game.
    >
    > Are the savegames saved on the game module for "infity" or will they
    > vanish after certain amount of time?
    >
    > Kristian

    Unless there is a physical defect with the catridge itself, your son's
    save game will stay when he removed the catridge.

    CJ wrote:
    > Kristian Salo wrote:
    >

    >>Hello
    >>
    >>My 7 year son has the GBA with the Pokemon Ruby game and he is
    >>certain that he will loose all his pokemon if removes the game
    >>cardridge out of the GBA and play some other game.
    >>
    >>Are the savegames saved on the game module for "infity" or will they
    >>vanish after certain amount of time?
    >>
    >>Kristian
    >

    > Unless there is a physical defect with the catridge itself, your son's
    > save game will stay when he removed the catridge.

    Thank you... is there a battery or is it flashmemory?

    Kristian Salo wrote:
    > CJ wrote:
    >
    >>Kristian Salo wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hello
    >>>
    >>>My 7 year son has the GBA with the Pokemon Ruby game and he is
    >>>certain that he will loose all his pokemon if removes the game
    >>>cardridge out of the GBA and play some other game.
    >>>
    >>>Are the savegames saved on the game module for "infity" or will they
    >>>vanish after certain amount of time?
    >>>
    >>>Kristian
    >>

    >>Unless there is a physical defect with the catridge itself, your son's
    >>save game will stay when he removed the catridge.
    >>

    > Thank you... is there a battery or is it flashmemory?

    I think all carts have a battery, and some may use flash memory too, but
    you'll *never* lose save data simply by switching games (assuming
    there's no problem with the cart, as the other poster said). And of
    course, turn off the GBA before removing the cart, although that may not
    always hurt it either.

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:10:46 +0200, Kristian Salo
    <kristian_poista_salo@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Thank you... is there a battery or is it flashmemory?

    Most GBA games use flashmemory, though some older ones and possibly a
    few of the cheaper ones may use battery. The Pokemon games are pretty
    big-name titles, and I think the games made directly by Nintendo ALL
    use flashmemory anyway, so odds are that its flash. Even if its
    battery, though, it'll probably last so long anyway as to be
    irrelevant: My old Nintendo games (original NES, I mean) from the
    late 80's that have batteries still work perfectly. If Legend of
    Zelda's battery works after 15+ years, I'm pretty sure that Pokemon
    will work if he plays another game for a day or two :P

    One possibly exception, though: did you buy the game from a reputable
    source? There's an epidemic of pirated/fake Gameboy games, and many
    of the fakes are faulty. If you bought it new from a reputable source
    (Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart, whatever), you're fine, but if you
    bought it from eBay, a flea market or something, there's a good chance
    its fake and will fail early.

    Actually, though, that doesn't matter in terms of removing it from the
    GBA: if he's able to turn the power off and still retain the
    savegame, then removing it from the GBA isn't going to be any
    different. The GBA doesn't supply any power when its turned off.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    drocket wrote:
    > On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:10:46 +0200, Kristian Salo
    > <kristian_poista_salo@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Thank you... is there a battery or is it flashmemory?
    >

    > Most GBA games use flashmemory, though some older ones and possibly a
    > few of the cheaper ones may use battery. The Pokemon games are pretty
    > big-name titles, and I think the games made directly by Nintendo ALL
    > use flashmemory anyway, so odds are that its flash. Even if its
    > battery, though, it'll probably last so long anyway as to be
    > irrelevant: My old Nintendo games (original NES, I mean) from the
    > late 80's that have batteries still work perfectly. If Legend of
    > Zelda's battery works after 15+ years, I'm pretty sure that Pokemon
    > will work if he plays another game for a day or two :P
    >
    > One possibly exception, though: did you buy the game from a reputable
    > source? There's an epidemic of pirated/fake Gameboy games, and many
    > of the fakes are faulty. If you bought it new from a reputable source
    > (Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart, whatever), you're fine, but if you
    > bought it from eBay, a flea market or something, there's a good chance
    > its fake and will fail early.
    >
    > Actually, though, that doesn't matter in terms of removing it from the
    > GBA: if he's able to turn the power off and still retain the
    > savegame, then removing it from the GBA isn't going to be any
    > different. The GBA doesn't supply any power when its turned off.

    Thank you... I feel a lot safer now. :) The Pokemon Game game with the
    actual console. Pokemon Edition or something like that.. :D

Console Gaming Games Video Games