Sign in with
Your question

Screen flickering on ATI 4870

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 8, 2011 10:10:45 AM

Hello community!

So i got this problem thats called screen flickering. Anyhow, today after ive started my PC, the screen started flickering from time to time. So i googled for problem, most solutions are because of screen refresh rate, wich has been unchanged since i have this pc(75Hz). I also tried updating my ATI drivers to 11.3, no change. I think the problem occured because yesterday i have attached additonal monitor to my system. It also has 75hz refresh rate, but ive deattached it after 2h of use and 2h before i shut down my PC. Another solution was talking about TMM wich is a Microsoft task for multi monitoring. Also ive disabled that via regedit. The screen flickers mostly with animations, like change of background picture (im using win7). While writing this thread, the screen has not flickered even once. Ill get back to you when i try a game or two. In the mean time pls write any solutions?

Tnx forum!
April 8, 2011 10:28:21 AM

Flicker occurs also during the gameplay of Black Ops. Will try to revert to the point before i attached another monitor.
April 8, 2011 10:53:06 AM

System restore worked, screen is no longer flickering o.0
Any idea what might have caused it?
Related resources
April 8, 2011 11:33:45 AM

Did you have any updates that were installed to your computer during the time you were using multiple monitors?
April 8, 2011 11:42:31 AM

Dont think so...
!