Mass effect 2 texture problem

hi i have mass effect 2 (bought on steam)
i have windows 7 64 bit and graphic card eah 5850HD (ati radeon 5850HD)

in mass effect 2 i don't see textures, it's all black (for example the floor, the eyes, the npc)

i search in support forum but i didn't find the correct answer for my case, can you help me? thanks!
10 answers Last reply
More about mass effect texture problem
  1. everlastinggaze said:
    hi i have mass effect 2 (bought on steam)
    i have windows 7 64 bit and graphic card eah 5850HD (ati radeon 5850HD)

in mass effect 2 i don't see textures, it's all black (for example the floor, the eyes, the npc)

i search in support forum but i didn't find the correct answer for my case, can you help me? thanks!

sorry i probably post in the wrong section, can you tell me where is the appropriate section?
    thanks and sorry
  2. Are you running the latest drivers from ATI....?
  3. Yes i have the latest drivers,
    if i should go back to the previous version of the drivers, which one can i try?

Thanks!
  4. try starting with the release before this last one.......I use an nvidia card,so im just trying to help you out here
  5. You may need to re-install the game. Perhaps something was not properly installed or included in the Windows registry.
  6. ok, i'll try both ways

1. i'll reinstall it and try again
    2. i go back with drivers and try again

jaguarskx i've seen you've a HD5850 like me, have you played ME2 with no problem? if yes it means there's a way, so i keep searching!

thanks
  7. Yep. I have recently played ME2 (again) on my current rig. I have the DVD version though and I don't remember which version of Catalyst I was using. It certainly was not v11.1, v11.2 or v11.3.

Steam usually keeps their games up to date. Were their tech support not helpful?
  8. i'm waiting for their answer, hope a good one.
    i'll check my catalyst version when i'll be back home, probably sunday!
  9. Problem solved!
    but i think my solution won't be of any help for anyone else..
    here it is:

1. reinstalled ME2 --> don't work
    2. install previous drivers --> don't work
    3. reinstalled ME2 --> don't work
    4. go back to paleolithic drivers --> don't work
    5. reinstalled latest drivers --> don't work
    6. reinstalled ME2 --> don't work

*le sacrifice to lord inglip

7. reinstalled ME2 --> Epic Win!

however thanks to all!
  10. dang that game was really fun first time i played it, i think i should make a female char and play it again rightn ow
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Windows 7 Graphics