What is the fastest RAM I can use in a Dell Latitude D400?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi -

I want to get a 1GB stick of RAM for my Dell Latitude D400.

I know DDR PC2700, CL=2.5, NON-ECC RAM will work in it, since that is
what the stick which is currently in the machine is.

But, I would like to buy the fastest RAM available (even if my D400
cannot take advantage of the speed) since it will be useful to me in my
next laptop if I get the fastest available and usable.

Does anyone know if DDR2 PC2-4200, CL=4, NON-ECC RAM would work in this
machine?

Price not really an issue.

Thanks for your help,
David.

usenet@fitzg.com wrote:
>I know DDR PC2700, CL=2.5, NON-ECC RAM will work in it, since that is
>what the stick which is currently in the machine is.

>Does anyone know if DDR2 PC2-4200, CL=4, NON-ECC RAM would work in this
>machine?

I don't think you can put DDR2 memory in a DDR memory slot. Why buy
high-speed memory ahead of time? Prices will be 1/4 what they are
today when you get that new laptop, and you'll want the terabyte
memory sticks then, and it'll need DDR4 anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS