What is the fastest RAM I can use in a Dell Latitude D400?

Hi -

I want to get a 1GB stick of RAM for my Dell Latitude D400.

I know DDR PC2700, CL=2.5, NON-ECC RAM will work in it, since that is
what the stick which is currently in the machine is.

But, I would like to buy the fastest RAM available (even if my D400
cannot take advantage of the speed) since it will be useful to me in my
next laptop if I get the fastest available and usable.

Does anyone know if DDR2 PC2-4200, CL=4, NON-ECC RAM would work in this
machine?

Price not really an issue.

Thanks for your help,
David.
1 answer Last reply
More about what fastest dell latitude d400

    usenet@fitzg.com wrote:
    >I know DDR PC2700, CL=2.5, NON-ECC RAM will work in it, since that is
    >what the stick which is currently in the machine is.

    >Does anyone know if DDR2 PC2-4200, CL=4, NON-ECC RAM would work in this
    >machine?

    I don't think you can put DDR2 memory in a DDR memory slot. Why buy
    high-speed memory ahead of time? Prices will be 1/4 what they are
    today when you get that new laptop, and you'll want the terabyte
    memory sticks then, and it'll need DDR4 anyway...

Latitude Laptops RAM Dell