Sign in with
Your question

Netgear WNR1000 No internet local only

Last response: in Networking
September 3, 2010 3:38:20 AM

I got had comcast high speed internet installed, i have 2 laptops both of which can get online when connected directly to the modem, so i get a netgear wnr1000 power cycle the modem let it block up and then plug in the router after the router blocks up all both computers will do is say i am connected local only with no internet access hooked up through the router, both are running vista.

i have tried everything i can think of to release/renew the ip setting, winsock reset but still can not get past the local only with no internet

anyone have any advice to get me some help
Anonymous
September 3, 2010 9:20:29 AM

No doubt you've checked TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.
m
l
September 3, 2010 12:53:18 PM

Quote:
No doubt you've checked TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.

yea all the basic stuff has been checked over and over and over, both work great plugged directly into the modem, both can connect wirelessly to neighbors wireless, but not this netgear wired or wireless, funny thing is all the settings in the router look like they should as well
m
l
Anonymous
September 3, 2010 1:01:47 PM

I'd raise this on Netgear's home site user forum. No doubt you'll be told to reset the router, so follow the moderator jmizoguchi's links to his tips on resetting.

Obviously the site also has firmware updates.
m
l
!