Sign in with
Your question

Q code 76 DRAM_LED

Last response: in Motherboards
June 7, 2012 12:05:51 PM

Hello,
I would much appreciate any help anyone can offer as i have decided to try my first personal computer build and have run into trouble. I have tried the first boot of my build and have recieved a q-code 76 on the motherboard with the DRAM_LED lit up. I have refered to the Asus motherboard manual which doesn't give information to fixing the issue. It only tells me that q76 is (initializing PCH). I am not sure what this means. Any suggestions on a fix for this q-code would be much apreciated.

Thank You

Specs At the Moment:
Asus Maximus Gene-z z77 Motherboard.
Intel i7 3770k
8gb corsair vengence ddr3 ram @1600mhz
Ocz ZT 750w PSU
Samsung 64gb ssd
(Graphics not yet purchased)

More about : code dram led

July 20, 2012 6:52:37 AM

Frozn Gamer said:
Hello,
I would much appreciate any help anyone can offer as i have decided to try my first personal computer build and have run into trouble. I have tried the first boot of my build and have recieved a q-code 76 on the motherboard with the DRAM_LED lit up. I have refered to the Asus motherboard manual which doesn't give information to fixing the issue. It only tells me that q76 is (initializing PCH). I am not sure what this means. Any suggestions on a fix for this q-code would be much apreciated.

Thank You

Specs At the Moment:
Asus Maximus Gene-z z77 Motherboard.
Intel i7 3770k
8gb corsair vengence ddr3 ram @1600mhz
Ocz ZT 750w PSU
Samsung 64gb ssd
(Graphics not yet purchased)

Any luck with this? The same thing happened to me on a Maximus Gene V board.
Tried pulling the ram out, re-seating cpu, disconnecting all peripherals... nothing worked.
!