Newegg's cart system isnt working tonight so I'm going to hold off any major in depth stuff till tomorrow. However I really like where you went with it Why_Me. Three questions though.
1. What do I lose/gain from the motherboard change?
2. What do I lose/gain from the ram change?
3. Wont I need a more powerful powersupply to Crossfire two unlocked 6950s(to 6970)?
not better just cheaper. they probably give the same performance.
did you read my build thoroughly? you can put 2 reference 6950's in your build right now and unlock them to 6970's. it also has the new force 3 ssd which is really a vertex 3 dont mind the bad reviews they fixed the problem
1. Nothing much except it's cheaper. The chipset is Z68, which supports SSD caching. Gives you all the features you get from the Asus board. Due to the chipset you can use Integrated Graphics' Quick Sync capablity.
2. Cheaper. If you don't like the 1.65 volts Kingston one you can have this one Gskill RipjawX.Same price and 1.5 volts.