Upgrading Radeon HD 5670

Nadara

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
Hello all, I'm looking to replace my Visiontek HD 5670. I originaly bought it as a budget card when my 8800GTS died. It's performed admirably up to this point but now I have a bit more money and would like to upgrade to something more powerful. I'm set on getting the Radeon HD 6850 I just don't know which company to go with. I don't care how high the clocks are out of the box, I can overclock it myself if need be, I'm more interested in the cooling capabilities the card has. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This month

BUDGET RANGE:USD $200

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Heavy gaming

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Visiontek ATI Radeon HD 5670, 500 watt

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: OC'ed AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition, Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H, 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3 RAM

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN:

PARTS PREFERENCES:

OVERCLOCKING: Yes

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1600 x 900

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Thee cooler the better. :sol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XFX HD-685X-ZDFC Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150515

What drew me to this card?: Dual fan design

HIS IceQ X Turbo H685QNT1GD Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161363

What drew me to this card?: IceQ X design, heat is expelled out of the back side of the card (out the back of the case rather than into/around the case as most cards do)

So any input would be much appreciated. Thanks for dropping in and have a good weekend. :hello:

Solution
Both choices are good. I would personally grab the HIS as the cooling system is good and it also saves your other components from the dispelled heat inside the case.