Solved

Upgrading Radeon HD 5670

Hello all, I'm looking to replace my Visiontek HD 5670. I originaly bought it as a budget card when my 8800GTS died. It's performed admirably up to this point but now I have a bit more money and would like to upgrade to something more powerful. I'm set on getting the Radeon HD 6850 I just don't know which company to go with. I don't care how high the clocks are out of the box, I can overclock it myself if need be, I'm more interested in the cooling capabilities the card has. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This month

BUDGET RANGE:USD $200

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Heavy gaming

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Visiontek ATI Radeon HD 5670, 500 watt

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: OC'ed AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition, Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H, 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3 RAM

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN:

PARTS PREFERENCES:

OVERCLOCKING: Yes

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1600 x 900

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Thee cooler the better. :sol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XFX HD-685X-ZDFC Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150515

What drew me to this card?: Dual fan design

HIS IceQ X Turbo H685QNT1GD Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161363

What drew me to this card?: IceQ X design, heat is expelled out of the back side of the card (out the back of the case rather than into/around the case as most cards do)

So any input would be much appreciated. Thanks for dropping in and have a good weekend. :hello:
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrading radeon 5670
  1. Best answer
    Both choices are good. I would personally grab the HIS as the cooling system is good and it also saves your other components from the dispelled heat inside the case.
  2. Best answer selected by Nadara.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HD Radeon Graphics Product