Sign in with
Your question

Horizontal colored lines at boot, Windows 7

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 8, 2011 7:07:58 PM

Hey guys,

I'm scratching my head on this one.. :fou:  Here's some pics of my problem. I apologies if I'm posting in the wrong section.

http://img339.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=... :cry: 

So basically I had a xfx hd 4890, it was over heating and causing problems other then this one. I Rma'd it and went ahead and purchased a evga gtx 560 ti. Now upon boot up this happens. I then have to keep resetting and it will eventually go straight to windows 7.

I've already checked the ram, obviously a new card, I checked all the power connectors with a meter as well. I mean my only other thoughts would be cpu or my ssd hd? I might just need to wipe the hd and reinstall fresh. But any help on this would be great thanks in advance.

My Build:

Amd Phenom II x4 940 3.2 Ghz black edition
Asus M3N-HT Deluxe/Hdmi
TX 750W Corsair
Corsair Dominator 8gbs of ddr2 1066mhz
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
Ocz Vertex SSD Hard Drive
2 Lcd Monitors, 22", 23"
Thermaltake Speedo case

Temps on everything is very cool cpu never reaches over 40c, Gpu running at 38c idle 60% fan speed. I'm about to shut down and run Memtest on the ram. Once again thanks in advance. :) 
a b U Graphics card
April 8, 2011 8:07:07 PM

Have you tried using the video card in another machine to make sure it works? If it works fine in another machine, then it might either be your monitor (which you can also test with another machine), or your motherboard.

I doubt it's your PSU, and especially doubt it's your SSD or CPU. You would see many other symptoms if that was the case.
!