Corsair CX500V2 Power cord question

Status
Not open for further replies.

perplexahedron

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Hey,
Purchased a corsair cx500v2 500W psu but the power cord that it came with has umm 'cuboidal' pins whereas the cord currently i use has 'cylindrical' pins and my ups too only has cylindrical pins compatible sockets so the corsair's power cord won't fit.
So question is can i use the cylindrical cord to power the psu instead of the one that came with it?
And oh yeah the ratings of power cords are as follows-
Corsair - 13A 230V
Current one- 6A 230V

Will that difference in amps cause any problem if i use my current (cylindrical pins ) cord?
Thanks

Solution
The only difference between U.K. and U.S. standards is the shape of the pins, you should be able to use that one no problem, although I dont know what your house supply is, 110v I assume but I dont know what amps your 'normal' fuses should be, ours is 240v and a 'normal' fuse is 3a,5a or 15A dependant on the appliance, if your not sure, ask a local electrician for safety's sake
Moto

perplexahedron

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
So you meant that those rating aren't so important also. If i go ahead and plug my current cord to the psu and everything works fine then i should not worry about it?
Currently the power cable that i use is this (YP81) - www.signalandpower.com/products/226

Do you think i'd be fine with it?

The only difference between U.K. and U.S. standards is the shape of the pins, you should be able to use that one no problem, although I dont know what your house supply is, 110v I assume but I dont know what amps your 'normal' fuses should be, ours is 240v and a 'normal' fuse is 3a,5a or 15A dependant on the appliance, if your not sure, ask a local electrician for safety's sake
Moto

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.