Sign in with
Your question

Asrock 970 extreme 4 - Mid tower or Full tower?

Last response: in Motherboards
June 8, 2012 2:06:18 AM

Wondering if I can fit the Asrock 970 extreme 4 into a Mid Tower case, if so, how do I know which ones are compatible.

When I upgraded motherboards, I couldn't fit the 970 into my old mid-tower, so I was forced to use a scrap full tower case, now I'm looking at more efficient and stylish cases and I'm not sure which way to go, especially since the mid-towers are much cheaper.

Thanks!
June 8, 2012 2:23:02 AM

When you are buying your case, look at the specifications the vendor lists. It should list motherboard compatibility. The 970 Extreme4 is an ATX profile motherboard which is a standard gaming size motherboard. Most modern Mid-Tower cases will support it. Before you decide on one, just make sure it says it supports ATX in the specs.
m
l
Related resources
June 8, 2012 3:06:12 AM

I'm sorry, the link isn't working. what is the name of the case?
m
l
June 8, 2012 3:16:37 AM

SilverStone Precision Series SST-PS07W White Steel / Plastic MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Sorry about that.
m
l
June 8, 2012 3:16:45 AM

It just started working. No, it won't. That case only supports MiniATX, DTX, and MiniITX. On Newegg when searching cases, click on ATX Mid Tower on the left side bar. As far as I know, they all support ATX. Or you could click another size like ATX Mini Tower.
m
l
November 18, 2012 4:22:17 PM

Can this motherboard fit on Cooler Master Elite 311 Mid Tower Cabinet ?
m
l
!