Intel core 2 quad 9550 temps

deepesh287

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
my intel core 2 quad 9550 cpu shows following temps at 62percenyt load by real temp
temp 75 67 67 68 degree c
dis to tj max 25 34 31 33
i am using arctic freezer pro 2 hsf

also my ati 5850 gfx card show max temp of 54.c at 68%load

are thes temps fine?do i neet to reaapply thermal paste for cpu?

Solution
1st of all id use hardware monitor to measuer temps, real temp is a bit dodgy when it comes to temps from different kinds of cpu's,

from the looks of the temps so far it looks like 1 of the clamps is loose or not on properly for the cpu, and if they are might need repasteing, make sure u use high quality thermal paste and if using artic silver 5 it takes 200 hours for it to kick in fully, also when was the last time u repasted the cpu heatsink as after about a year or more some thermal compounds start to dry out and dont do their job as good,

also what do you have your cpu clocked at as the q9550 shouldnt be going above 70c cos it will damage the cpu over time, im running a q6600 @ 3.4ghz and it stays at 67 100% load with same cooler...

DEVILVSANGEL00

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
1st of all id use hardware monitor to measuer temps, real temp is a bit dodgy when it comes to temps from different kinds of cpu's,

from the looks of the temps so far it looks like 1 of the clamps is loose or not on properly for the cpu, and if they are might need repasteing, make sure u use high quality thermal paste and if using artic silver 5 it takes 200 hours for it to kick in fully, also when was the last time u repasted the cpu heatsink as after about a year or more some thermal compounds start to dry out and dont do their job as good,

also what do you have your cpu clocked at as the q9550 shouldnt be going above 70c cos it will damage the cpu over time, im running a q6600 @ 3.4ghz and it stays at 67 100% load with same cooler and artic silver 5

Solution