With the release of the DS...

Last response: in Video Games
November 24, 2004 11:29:50 AM

Will this mean the price of the SP will drop? What's the trend on this, did
the price of the GBA drop after the GBA SP was released? I know Nintendo is
not replacing the SP with the DS, so this probably means that they'll still
manufacture it.

I'm really split on whether to get the SP (now) or wait (till April 05 or
thereabouts since I'm in south east Asia) for the DS.

More about : release

Anonymous
November 24, 2004 11:29:51 AM

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:29:50 +0800, "Ezran" <narze@tm.net.my> wrote:

>Will this mean the price of the SP will drop? What's the trend on this, did
>the price of the GBA drop after the GBA SP was released? I know Nintendo is
>not replacing the SP with the DS, so this probably means that they'll still
>manufacture it.
>
>I'm really split on whether to get the SP (now) or wait (till April 05 or
>thereabouts since I'm in south east Asia) for the DS.

I really can't say about the SE Asia market, because I don't know the
price there, but in the US, at least, I doubt that the SP's price is
going to drop anytime in the next 3 or 4 months. They did a
price-drop right before the DS came out in order to drum up some extra
sales while the DS hype was going on. they're probably not going to
drop it again this soon. Maybe in February or March, at the earliest.
!