Sign in with
Your question

Suggestions for socket 775 board

Last response: in Motherboards
June 8, 2012 9:33:14 AM

Hello,

My Asus P5QC died and now I'd like to replace it with a good quality socket 775 motherboard that supports DDR3, has at least 3 PCI slots, LPT (on board or back-panel) and preferably has e-SATA.

I've gone through loads of specs invain. Am I asking for too much?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Cheers,
Jan
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2012 9:59:39 AM

There are lots of G41 mobos - just not great at OCing - about 3GHz max. I suggest getting the cheapest you can find because soon it will be 2 platforms old -(DEAD)
-Bruce
Related resources
June 10, 2012 3:03:52 PM

dish_moose said:
There are lots of G41 mobos - just not great at OCing - about 3GHz max. I suggest getting the cheapest you can find because soon it will be 2 platforms old -(DEAD)
-Bruce

Hello Bruce,

'DEAD' was never a problem because I quit gaming shortly after the original Wolfenstein was popular... :-) I used to get at least 10 years out of my systems. That was possible by NOT making use of M$ bloatware. This time lightning strike got me early and ended the life of this P5QC after only 2 years. The Q6600 survived, that's why I'm shopping for the 'obsolete' 775...

In combination with BSD good for another 10 if not 20 years of good use... :-)

Cheers!
Jan
a b V Motherboard
June 10, 2012 3:09:37 PM

librepensee said:
Hello Bruce,

'DEAD' was never a problem because I quit gaming shortly after the original Wolfenstein was popular... :-) I used to get at least 10 years out of my systems. That was possible by NOT making use of M$ bloatware. This time lightning strike got me early and ended the life of this P5QC after only 2 years. The Q6600 survived, that's why I'm shopping for the 'obsolete' 775...

In combination with BSD good for another 10 if not 20 years of good use... :-)

Cheers!
Jan

The OS doesn't make a system obsolete any faster.
!