Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading power supply on Dell Inspiron 560

Last response: in Components
September 17, 2011 9:28:16 PM

I want to upgrade the power supply on the Dell Inspiron 560, so it can support a better graphics card than what the GMA it has built in. But I am afraid, from what I have heard, Dell motherboards do not support other power supplies as they are different on some things.
I have a link to the specs given by Dell on the power supply and pc overall.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/insp560mt...

My exact specs are
Intel Pentium Dual Core E550 2.8ghz
6 Gb DDr3 sdram(3 sticks)
700 Gb Harddrive
Intel g45/43 express chipset
Dvd+-RW Drive

So if anyone can reccomend any GPU and power supplies that won't be bottlenecked by CPU, this upgrade is only for a few months until Newer AMD CPU's GPU's come out.
a b ) Power supply
September 18, 2011 1:09:21 AM

Basically, you need to figure out what the dimensions of the dell power supply are and find a compatible power supply. Wish I could be more help than that.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 18, 2011 3:41:31 AM

dell PCs and mobo will take any standard PSU, ive installed plenty of after market units in DELLS. if you are looking for a budget unit, check out the corsair CX line and the antec neo eco line. they are solid units for your dollar. sites like jonny guru, techpowerup, and hardware secrets all do an excellent job reviewing PSU if you want to look at other units.
m
l
September 22, 2011 8:53:49 PM

I called customr support and they said anythign higher then 500w could damage your system... IDK
m
l
!