Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 pc works to internet but can't share files

Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 12, 2010 5:04:42 PM

Have a question on here already but no answer. I have a network with 3 pc's on it and a Belkin N+ wireless router. Two of the pc's are connected with cat5 cables. They can share files and work to the internet great. The third pc is a laptop with windows 7 home premium using wireless connection. It works to the internet great but I can not share files with the other two pc's. I get a box that asks for a password and there are no passwords on the pc' to get on the network. I hace tried the every password I can find for the router and the password windows 7 says is for the network and nothing works. When I originally connected the windows 7 laptop to the network it worked great but now is asking for a password. Don't know what happened :bounce:  Need help please!
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
December 12, 2010 8:31:56 PM

It may be asking for the Windows startup password of the machine you're trying to access files on.. As I recall I got so fed up with this that I quit using a password on Windows.
December 12, 2010 10:24:34 PM

Quote:
It may be asking for the Windows startup password of the machine you're trying to access files on.. As I recall I got so fed up with this that I quit using a password on Windows.

I have used the windows startu password on the windows 7 pc and i do not have a startup password on the xp pc and the network is asking for a password between those two pc. I have network magic and see them on the map and can run a speed test between the win 7 and the xp pc. I have tried every password known to me plus "password , 123456, router pin#, network key string, guest access string" The thing is that it worked most of the time for the last 4 months and now asks for network password.
December 12, 2010 10:28:45 PM

I forgot to add that even if I make some folders "network Magic folders it still wants a password.
!