Sign in with
Your question

CD Burner Problems

Last response: in Components
September 18, 2011 1:36:25 AM

Hello,
I have been having issues with CD burners on my computer. I have already thrown one out thinking it was bunk, and now I'm on a Pioneer DVR-A18M. I cannot burn CDs using any programs. Itunes will begin the process, and stop before it has even started burning. It give me error code 4200. I have looked this up and found that it is an issue with memory, I have tried ending unnecessary processes and burning to no avail. I installed CDburnerXP, as I found suggested in another thread, and it burned a cd with the correct track lengths, but no sound. I checked for firmware updates on the Pioneer website and none seem available. I hope that I just don't have that bad of luck when it comes to CD burners.

If you need any other information provided please ask.
If I posted in the wrong forum I apologize, this seemed the most appropriate.
Any help is appreciated.

More about : burner problems

September 18, 2011 2:52:34 AM

If you burn at 40x it can error, alway's burn at x8 speed ..
September 18, 2011 5:31:45 PM

I have tried burning at 1x, 2x and 8x, and all have failed.
Related resources
September 18, 2011 5:58:53 PM

Are you having problems only with audio CDs? Have you tried ISO files as well (can give a Linux LiveCD/DVD a try, always useful when having computer problems anyway :p ).
September 18, 2011 6:20:00 PM

I found the Error 4200 means that your system is low on resources. This can either be physical memory, or available hard disk space, also page file, try close ranning background other program / applications. you do not need before burning a CD.
You may also want to consider adding my physical memory (RAM) if you are going to be using this machine to burn media.
September 18, 2011 8:27:27 PM

Zenthar said:
Are you having problems only with audio CDs? Have you tried ISO files as well (can give a Linux LiveCD/DVD a try, always useful when having computer problems anyway :p ).

I have not given any other media a try. What would an ISO file consist of? I'm slightly confused by what you mean.

henydiah said:
I found the Error 4200 means that your system is low on resources. This can either be physical memory, or available hard disk space, also page file, try close ranning background other program / applications. you do not need before burning a CD.
You may also want to consider adding my physical memory (RAM) if you are going to be using this machine to burn media.

This should not be an issue, a little less than half my harddrive is free. (I am not currently on my home PC, and I cannot remember the size of my hardrive, at least 500 GB harddrive) I have 4GB of ddr2 RAM. I have tried closing all unnecessary processes and it still does not fix the problem.
September 18, 2011 8:52:50 PM

shiftyhobbit said:
I have not given any other media a try. What would an ISO file consist of? I'm slightly confused by what you mean.
An ISO file is a disk image file, it's called like that because it usually has the .iso extension. I'm asking because sometimes audio CDs can be problematic.
September 28, 2011 12:00:36 AM

How would I go about finding an ISO to burn, and check to see if the CD drive is even burning?
I don't see this being an actual solution other than to see if it is actually burning. As I want the burner for Audio CD's.
Is there any sort of settings I need to change? Even if its in BIOS?
September 28, 2011 12:51:24 AM

Have you deleted or reduced the size of your windows swap file?
September 28, 2011 1:49:05 AM

I have not, as far as I am aware.
September 29, 2011 2:33:30 AM

popatim said:
Have you deleted or reduced the size of your windows swap file?

I looked into my swap file, it is nothing I have adjusted it is set to allow Windows select the appropriate size.
!