shiftyhobbit

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
Hello,
I have been having issues with CD burners on my computer. I have already thrown one out thinking it was bunk, and now I'm on a Pioneer DVR-A18M. I cannot burn CDs using any programs. Itunes will begin the process, and stop before it has even started burning. It give me error code 4200. I have looked this up and found that it is an issue with memory, I have tried ending unnecessary processes and burning to no avail. I installed CDburnerXP, as I found suggested in another thread, and it burned a cd with the correct track lengths, but no sound. I checked for firmware updates on the Pioneer website and none seem available. I hope that I just don't have that bad of luck when it comes to CD burners.

If you need any other information provided please ask.
If I posted in the wrong forum I apologize, this seemed the most appropriate.
Any help is appreciated.

shiftyhobbit

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010

I have not given any other media a try. What would an ISO file consist of? I'm slightly confused by what you mean.

This should not be an issue, a little less than half my harddrive is free. (I am not currently on my home PC, and I cannot remember the size of my hardrive, at least 500 GB harddrive) I have 4GB of ddr2 RAM. I have tried closing all unnecessary processes and it still does not fix the problem.

Zenthar

Distinguished
An ISO file is a disk image file, it's called like that because it usually has the .iso extension. I'm asking because sometimes audio CDs can be problematic.

shiftyhobbit

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
How would I go about finding an ISO to burn, and check to see if the CD drive is even burning?
I don't see this being an actual solution other than to see if it is actually burning. As I want the burner for Audio CD's.
Is there any sort of settings I need to change? Even if its in BIOS?

shiftyhobbit

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010

I looked into my swap file, it is nothing I have adjusted it is set to allow Windows select the appropriate size.