Sign in with
Your question

New Gaming Rig

Last response: in Systems
June 22, 2011 11:53:11 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: Within 1 Month Hopefully

Budget Range: Around £800 for PC not Including Peripherals

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, HD Movies, HD Encoding and Transcoding, General Use

Parts Not Required: Need Everything but Peripherals and monitor will be bought post build as have basic ones available to me

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Ebuyer, Scan other UK based companies

Country of Origin: Great Britain

Parts Preferences: Prefer Intel and Nvidia as have had lots of previous with them

Overclocking: Yes, both CPU and GPU

SLI or Crossfire: Yes - Down the line when a single card no longer gives me ultra settings

Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080 or 1920 x 1200 (dependent on monitor)

Additional Comments: Would like PC that plays all new games and upcoming games at max at specified resolutions and also runs quiet when watching films at night e.g. reduced fan speeds

I have these components as a basic

Case - HAF 912

OR

HAF 922

CPU - Intel 2500k

GPU - MSI Twin Frozr 560 Ti

Or do i go for the Super OC'd Gigabyte 560Ti??

Mobo - P8Z68-V Pro

HDD - Samsung F3 1TB 7200RPM

Optical - Samsung BD-Rom and DVD burner

Ram - Corsair 8GB Vengeance

PSU - XFX 750W Modular Black Edition

CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212

These are the basics of build I am pretty set to the I5 and 560GTX though rest is what I have tried to cobble together from lurking on forums and reading numerous reviews.

Many thanks for help guys

More about : gaming rig

June 23, 2011 12:14:37 AM

Stick with the twinFozr and 'super overclock' it yourself. The cooling can handle it. Either case is fine, but I'd suggest the lian-li k58 or CM920. If you want the ricey-ness of the HAF cases, either is fine, cases don't really effect performance.

You might want to get something more beefy than a CM 212+ for cooling if you're into overclocking though. Most of this is just opinion. Your core components all seem fine.
June 23, 2011 3:38:06 PM

Thanks for the replies guys i will stick to the HAF 912 then.

I will look into the other mobo and RAM.

I prefer the 560 to the 6950 after spending a long time researching the two so will stick to a 560 i think.

Any other motherboard recommendations? I do like the Bluetooth functionality of the ASUS but could live without it.
!